Bob King began his auto career in 1958, in Greensboro, North Carolina. The talented Mr. King quickly rose to management through long hours of hard work and the goal of one day owning his own dealership. Mr. King's dream came true in 1968 by acquiring the Rambler franchise. True to his belief in volume, in his first full month of business he eclipsed the previous dealer's annual sales.
- Humble Beginnings
- In 1978, the Mazda franchise was acquired.
- A New Face
- Robert King, III (“Rob”) began working full-time at the auto group in 1979.
- In 1986, the Mitsubishi franchise was added. While leading the Triad in Mazda sales, it was Mitsubishi that firmly established the King organization as the volume leader. In 1994, Bob King Mitsubishi was the number one Mitsubishi truck volume dealership in the United States and ranking in the top five total sales from Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Booming Sales
- The Kia franchise was acquired in 1996 and quickly rose to one of the top volume retailers in the southeast. Most notable is the dealership's customer satisfaction scores, often placing the dealership in the top ten in the United States. Bob King Kia is a seven-time winner of the Prestigious President’s Award.
- Branching Out
- In 1999, the Hyundai franchise was added to the current holdings. Once again, quality service and volume have led Bob King Hyundai to lead the Triad and most recently, lead North Carolina in volume and customer satisfaction.
- A Forward Future
- Today, Rob King is the Owner, CEO and President of Bob King Automotive Group which now employs over 150 men and women. Ronnie Quate, who began working at Mazda in 1994, is now the Managing Partner of the Kia dealership.